Colorful Life with Saturated Canary

Friday, May 30, 2014

Happy Friday! I've got a couple of cards to share with you, made with a Saturated Canary Stamp called Ellie's Birthday. The image is so sweet, I just had to use it twice. :)
The layout of the first card is from the Viva la Verve May 2014 Week 4 sketch, turned on it's side. The sketch has a flower near the center edge of the oval, so I added an extra balloon instead. The added balloon is from a Penny Black stamp set. One of the things I like about a lot of the Saturated Canary images is the layers of clothing--lots of opportunity for multiple colors. And, the sentiment, a MFT Stamps image, was perfect for the colorful outfit. I wanted to add a little something extra on the vellum layer, so I did a bit of scoring on it, then added color on the back with Copics, so it would be subtle. Unfortunately, IRL you can't see it very well at all, but it shows up nice here. ;) The image is popped up on the vellum layer, which is popped up on the card with pieces of foam tape underneath the rhinestones.
The sentiment inside the card is a fun one from Taylored Expressions. I stamped it with Memento ink, then colored in the HAPPY and & with Copics.
The second card is almost the same as the first, except I used different bg paper, left the extra balloon off, and used much more vibrant colors. The hair and skin tones are also different. I left the scoring off the vellum this time, since it didn't make much difference on the first card anyway.

Same inside except for the colors.

I don't usually like to make two cards that are the same, or even this similar, but these were fun because the color palettes were so different.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a Happy, Colorful Weekend! :)


   Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my Cheryl they are both just adorable, such terrific coloring on both, balloons are so hard for me to color and you did a fantastic job on them!!

Deborah Anton said...

Adorable imagines Cheryl that are beautifully colored!! Such awesome jobs. And I love that rectangular die you used. SB?

Teresa Kline said...

these are awesome, fabulous images and coloring! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Leslie Miller said...

That's a lot of pretty fabulous coloring! Super cute for young girls, and I absolutely love the inside sentiment. Really great cards, Cheryl!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the coloring on both cards - especially the balloons. Thank you for joining the TCP challenge!