You Blow Me Away

Friday, February 13, 2015

If you love purple, then this is the card for you! I colored this cutie with Copics, but she didn't turn out quite like I intended. 
You see, it was one of those 3AM coloring sessions that we all have sometimes, and I was feeling all geared up to color this dragon with reds and pinks for Valentine's Day. I had colored maybe 5 minutes when I decided to add just a touch of green. With green marker in hand, I promptly dozed off! Well, I must have been dreaming in color, because when I woke up, I had colored on top of the red, and it wasn't pretty. Not one to throw an image out if I can help it, I worked to remedy my "mistake." In the end, I like it much better than a red dragon, and all the different layers of color (various YGs, Rs, RVs, & Ys) give the skin a sort of translucent look that is pretty cool. The heart embellie is made from four sizes of heart die cuts, cupped with a stylus, layered, then coated with UTEE.
On the inside, along the bottom of a white panel, I used a circle border die that doesn't always cut all the circles out with just one pass through the machine. I removed a few random circles and filled those with Diamond Stickles.

Stay warm this weekend!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sugar Pea SugarSketch Challenge #20: SPDSS20
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: All Creatures Great and Small
The Shabby Tea Room #245: 'I {heart} You'
613 Avenue Create Challenge #110: Anything Goes
Kit & Clowder February Challenge: Love
Paper Issues: Let's Get This Party Star-Ted and Par-Ty Heart-y with SugarPea Designs

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, your coloring is so amazing, love this!

Leslie Miller said...

The dragon turned out fabulous!!! And I do love purple. I should try some of those 3 am coloring sessions if it would do this for my creativity!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is a wonderful mistake because I just love that coloring, Awesome card!

Em Louise Fairley said...

She's beautiful! I love it when something doesn't turn out how we can see in our minds, but indeed turns out better than we imagined! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week and I hope you'll join us again soon.

Hugs,
Em AKA Creative Em
613 Avenue Create DT

Diane said...

Wow...this is so pretty, what a great image, too!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "i {heart} you" challenge!
Diane TSTR DT

Virginia L. said...

REALLY CUTE! Love the colors and embossed details! The added gems are just the perfect touches, too! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “All Creatures Great and Small” Challenge!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I think your dragon turned out just beautiful!! Love those colors blended together. Thanks for playing in our SugarSketch Challenge.