Timeless Tuesday #250: Get Inspired!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy Tuesday, Y'all! I hope, amid all the hustle and bustle of the holidays that you've been able to work in some crafty time! Be sure to carve enough time out for this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge. It's a little unusual, but seriously cool! :D
Tricia Traxler is our Guest Designer this week, and her challenge for us is to Get Inspired!


Now, I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions. So, this challenge had me stumped at first. But, after commiserating with a friend recently, it occurred to me that I am a fairly excitable, passionate, all-or-nothing, Katy bar the door, kind of person. So, it might do me good to learn to temper some of that emotion. If I was a resolution maker, "Just Breathe" would be the perfect resolution for me. ;~)
For this card, I used Flourishes' Classic Kraft Cardstock for the card base and one of the oval layers. The beautiful floral image is from Flourishes' Autumn Blossoms stamp set. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored it with Copics, and used a Spica pen, in Lipstick, for the centers of the dark purple daisies. I used Flourishes' Perfectly Pierced Victorian Oval die set to die cut the floral image, and matted it with a Spellbinders die cut. The vertical text and b&w rope design strips are some very old decorative tapes. I made the pins that are in the bow. The sentiment is from the Ferns and Fiddles stamp set. It was stamped with VersaMark ink, then heat embossed with a tan ep. Since I can't hardly make a card without sparkle, I added a few red sequins to finish it off.
The inside is a Spellbinders die cut, topped off with another Victorial Oval die cut, which I stamped with one of the ferns from the Ferns and Fiddles stamp set, in Memento Desert Sand ink. In between the layers, I tucked a few die cut flourishes. My daughter thinks the inside looks like a mirror--knowing her, a Snow White mirror!  :-)

So, what's your resolution? Get creative with it, and play along! You don't have to use Flourishes stamps, but if you do, you get two ballots toward the weekly prize! You can find all the details for the challenge here.

Check out the rest of the DT, and this week's Guest Designer, Tricia Traxler, to see what their resolutions are, and be sure to leave a little blog love, too! :)
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

~Hugs,
 
Supplies:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

12 comments :

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the flower you made out of twine and your Magnificent coloring! PRETTY card Cheryl!

KimCreate said...

What a gorgeous card!

Tricia T said...

That is a PERFECT take on the challenge, and you used one of my favorite sets, too! Gorgeous coloring!!

Unknown said...

GREAT resolution, just breathe....be IN the moment! Nice! GORGEOUS card, love the different stitching and colors....fabulous!

TLady said...

WOW CHERYL!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I THOUGHT you were going to say your goal for the New Year would be to PICK SOME FLOWERS OR SMELL THE ROSES!!!!!!!!! LOL :) That is how I am, I go ALL OUT!!! & OVER-DO sometimes!!!!!!!!! :) GORGEOUS COLORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Maria said...

Beautiful colored image of flowers in rich colors! Sweet ribbon treatment! And, the inside is just gorgeous, too!

Jessi Fogan said...

What a wonderful resolution! I'm quite like you in that quick-to-react way...not always a good thing. Such a neat challenge too - I'm going to have to put on my thinking cap.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just stunning!! Lovely coloring and great design, your flower on the bow is so cool! Your inside could make a lovely front panel!

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous challenge! Gorgeous image, coloring, and card design. Huge WOW, Cheryl!

Allison Cope said...

Goodness me Cheryl! This is beautiful! I am in love with an rich, a lush colours of your card today. One day we're going to meet in person and I'll finally get the 'excitable' Cheryl , now that's exciting!!! Hugs!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful rich colors and lovely coloring - crazy beautiful card!!!

Katie Sims said...

Mercy Cheryl! That coloring is out of this world! The colors are so rich and vibrant and your layout is amazing! I love all of your beautiful details....you really out did yourself on this beauty! Love it!!