Snowflake Lantern

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

When I first got my Silhouette, I tried it out, then promptly forgot about it for several weeks. But, when I finally decided to dive in and learn how to use it, I was amazed at all it could do. How did I ever craft without it? ;) So, when my DD asked me to make a few little gifts for her teachers, it was a no-brainer that I would crank up the Silhouette!
This cute box was cut from a sturdy shimmer cs and trimmed with cs scraps from my earlier post, the snowflake box. The delicate snowflake design is accented with Diamond Stickles, and backed with panels of vellum. It is filled with Ferrero chocolates, and at the bottom, I put a flickering battery-operated tea light.
Once the candy is gone, this is what it looks like with the candle turned on. My DD was thrilled! I hope her teacher will like it, too. I've run out of time for this year, but next year I'm making several of these for myself. I have several places around the house where they will look great!

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Let It Snow
613 Avenue Create Challenge #50: Anything Goes/Optional Twist: CAS
Corrosive Challenge #189: Anything Goes
Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Sweet Snowflakes

~Hugs,
 
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Chana Malkah said...

Absolutely stunning, Cheryl! I don't use my Silhouette as much as I should. This may inspire me to use it more now. Beautiful work! Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create! It was a truly delightful find!
Hugz
Chana,

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh em gee this is stunning! What a fabulous gift - chocolate AND a decoration? Winner :)

Stacey Schafer said...

another fabulous creation!

Leslie Miller said...

I've seen some pretty amazing things done with the Silhouette and this is certainly one of them! How pretty!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous lantern Cheryl Lea :-) this is so very pretty and I might just have to make me one of these too ! WOW !

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Conniecrafter said...

very creative idea, love that she can use it after the candy is gone, and it turned out so cool!

Petti said...

What a beautiful lantern!