Wishing You a Perfect Day

Tuesday, September 3, 2013


(If you are looking for this week's Timeless Tuesday post, click here.)

Hello there! Hope you had a good weekend, and for those of you in the states, a nice, long, holiday weekend! I was able to get caught up on some blog housekeeping, so I'm happy...whoo hoo! ;)
I needed a birthday card for a friend, and this week's Mojo Monday sketch was calling my name, so I got to work and made this card. It's really a simple card, but I made the bg paper using Dylusions Ink Sprays, Distress Inks, acrylic paint and a stencil, so it took longer than it probably should have--especially since I had to make 3 of them to get the look I wanted. I do like the end result, though.
A bit of stamping, Distress Ink sponging, and a few punched butterflies finished off the inside easily. I only glued the butterflies along the center of each one. They will lie flat when the card is closed, but pop back up when it's opened.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a Perfect Day!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday #309
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Stamping All-Stars (Distress Ink, an absolute necessity!)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

~Hugs,
 
Supplies:

Plus: Vintage Verses Stamp Set (No longer available--Stampin Up)
         Signature Greetings II Stamp Set (Papertrey Ink)

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Laura Sterckx said...

Very lovely and vintage looking card! :) I love the colors and the pretty butterflies!

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous birthday card, Cheryl! I love the colors and papers and details! Someone is going to love to receive this!

Dan said...

Lovely card and so creative to make your own papers! I'm sure your friend will absolutely love this. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE that sentiment and your colors, Cheryl! PRETTY card!

Leslie Miller said...

It sounds like a lot of fun making the paper! An artist at work! It turned out great, and I love the polka dot rose!