Celebrate the Wonder

Saturday, September 14, 2013


Flourishes' silhouette stamps have always been some of my favorites, and they just released a brand new one: Snow Scenes! I couldn't wait to use it!
I used Viva la Verve's September 2013 Week 1 sketch for the layout for this card (Viva la Verve and Mojo Monday are my go-to sites for sketches!), and distressed and stitched cute Bo Bunny dp for the background. The white circle is embossed with a snowflake embossing folder and matted with another white circle. For the image, I heat embossed it with a tan embossing powder on Flourishes Classic White cardstock, masked the ground area, painted masking fluid on the snowman and fur on the boy's hat, then, while still in the die, sponged Weathered Wood Distress Ink for the sky with a sponge dauber, making for a darker, snowy sky. I then stamped one of the trees from the set in Memento Rich Cocoa. After removing all the masking fluid, I added Snow Marker for snow drifts and snowflakes. I used a Gold Krylon marker around the edge of the die cut. The sentiment, from the same stamp set, is stamped on a Verve Curvy Bookplate die and is edged with the Krylon Gold marker. The metal snowflake is from my stash (I think it is a K&Co embellie). The base is an ivory cs.
On the inside I used a gold pigment ink to stamp snowflakes randomly on a square of ivory cs, then sponged Antique Linen on the edges. On a Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Classic Frames Template die cut, I sponged Old Paper, Antique Linen, and Weathered Wood Distress Inks just inside the die, then stamped the sentiment, which is from the Holiday Topiaries stamp set, in Memento Rich Cocoa. Then, I edged the die cut with my Krylon Gold marker.

This was such a fun card to make, but if you want to see more cards made with this set, click here. The Flourishes Design Team is amazing!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a "Wonder"-Filled week!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge: September 2013 Week 1
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Embossed
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Emboss It

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Michelle said...

Cheryl! This is lovely! I love that patterned paper. It's PERFECT with this sweet card! You did a fabulous job with that masking fluid. The snowman is so cute. I had to look twice to see how you achieved that look. Brilliant!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

Sue Lelli said...

OMG, Cheryl, I LOVE that silhouette in Kraft! LOVE the snow on the snowman and the cap and the flurries! LOVE the BG papers you used! FAB FAB card!

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute, Cheryl! Love the darling patterned papers and embossed circle. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

WOW. SO neat how you used the tan powder - it gives a really soft vintage feel. Perfect :)

Conniecrafter said...

love the kraft on the people and the lovely blue sky background, neat stitching, great layout!

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh... love this beautiful holiday card with non traditional colors. The layers and the embossing are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Sweetness! I love this silhouette image, and your softer tones give it a warm, homey look. So perfectly coordinated with the paper. Great sketch, too!

Jingle said...

That little silhouette scene is just wonderful! Very pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!