Blueberry Thanks: FTTC201

Monday, January 7, 2013

*Published: Papercraft Inspirations Magazine
Issue 110, March 2013, page 89

Hello! I hope the New Year has been good to you so far. School starts back today for my DD, so everything goes back to normal for us in just a few hours, and I like normal. :)

Speaking of normal, I kind of slacked off with my blog and and with cardmaking over the past few months, and now I'm ready to get back to it. I'm looking forward to visiting everyone's blogs to see what you all have been up to. :D

I've had the Berry Sweet stamp set for awhile, but had never used the blueberry stamp, so I inked it up, colored it with Copics, and popped it up. I totally CASEd a mini card made by Broni Holcombe that you can see on her blog, Splashes of Watercolor, or on the Timeless Tuesday #185 post on the Flourishes blog, so that I could play along in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #201, which is to choose a favorite card from any of the 2012 Timeless Tuesday Challenges and be inspired by it. I entered the #185 challenge back in September and I loved making a mini card for it, so I thought it would be fun to make another one. Small cards are no easier for me than large ones, but they are an opportunity for my smaller stamps to have a bigger impact. :)
I stamped the sentiment on the inside, and added a whisper of the blueberry stamp in light blue.

I'm working on a really fun project that should be finished in a few days (as soon as my new die arrives in the mail). In the meantime, here's a sneak peek of a small part of it. Aren't those colors yummy?

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Berry Sweet, Tag Lines (Flourishes)
Ink: Copics, Memento, Distress Ink
Dies: Labels 18, Nested Lacy Pennants (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Daisy punch (Martha Stewart); Decorative Tile embossing folder (Cuttlebug); head pin; Distrezz-It-All; pearl cotton thread (DMC); foam dots
Size: 3" x 4"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

6 comments :

Sue Lelli said...

Yes, back to school ~ more time for YOU to craft! Can't wait to see what you make! LOVE the blueberries and how you popped them on this card! The border is a nice touch, too! GREAT inside sentiment as well! Happy New Year, Cheryl!

Jessi Fogan said...

ABsolutely beautiful! Your colouring is so stunning, Cheryl :) Can't wait to see the project you sneaked - it already looks amazing!!
(Can you believe, btw, that my kids started school again on the 3rd? Who goes back MID WEEK?)

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!!
Your new project looks awesome!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty and yummy all in one. I like the little pennant flag too. Glad to see you back in the normal routine, we like normal here too. ;0)

Conniecrafter said...

like the embossed background, great coloring of the berries they look so real, cute sentiment for the front too

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous card! Blueberries are my favorite berry and they look luscious!

Oooo.... can't wait to see what those pretty flowers are gonna be.