Blue Paisley Coptic Stitch Blank Journal

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I'm back with another hand bound journal, and while this one is very similar to the one I posted yesterday, there are a few differences besides just the aesthetics.
This book is made with a slightly thicker, standard book board, rather than Davey Board. I was able to find the board locally at Paper Source to save on the otherwise high shipping cost. The book measures the same as yesterday's book: 4-1/8" x 5-1/2". It has 240 white pages (Neenah Classic Linen 24#), not including the patterned pages, in 10 signatures, and is covered in a fun blue and purple paisley cotton fabric. It is sewn together with ivory 18/3 Irish Linen Thread. Did you catch that the covers are attached a little differently than the book from yesterday? Rather than sewing straight through the cover so that the thread wraps around the outside edge, on this book the thread goes though the edge of the board. This puts less strain on the thread.
I didn't have a photo of the inside of my book yesterday, but the inside of the cover was covered in a bright orange patterned paper. With this book, I covered a piece of 65# cardstock with a purple patterned cotton fabric for the cover lining. The first page of patterned paper is one of the designs I used to wrap the signatures.

These are two more of the patterned papers I wrapped around the signatures. One of the things I really like about Coptic stitch binding is that the book will lie completely flat when opened. It makes journal writing much easier, whether you are right or left handed.

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'll have one more book to share before the today is over.

~Hugs,
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

1 comment :

Leslie Miller said...

I'm seriously in awe of you and your books. It's a huge plus that the pages lay flat. Everyone you know must want one of these!