Happy Spook-aween!

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!!! Do you have big plans for the holiday weekend? Since we just got back from vacation, we don't have a lot planned, but we will be spending the day around the pool at my mother's house, with family, and making it a combination celebration for Independence, and for my DD's 10th birthday, which is on the 5th. Happy Birthday, Sweetie! :D

I've been doing a lot more coloring lately, since I took the Copic Whimsical Faces & Hair class about 3 weeks ago. I need a lot more practice, and tend to have to color several images before I have one I'm satisfied with, but the class helped me a lot. It was a fun class, but the best part of the weekend was getting to meet my former Flourishes teamie, Deborah Anton, in person! She came for the class and we spent a few days together. OMGosh, she is so sweet, and we had a great time! I was sad to see her leave, especially since she moved over 200 miles further away this week! :(  But, that just gives me an excuse to take a trip to Virginia, once she gets settled in! :D

Oh yes, I have a card, don't I? ;)
I know it's just barely summer, but Halloween cards are fun to make anytime. This little cutie is a Tiddly Winks image. I colored her with Copics on Neenah paper. The dp is from a discontinued We R Memory Keepers 6x6 paper pad called Spookville. The moon is made from 2 layers of vellum. I embossed just the top layer with a swirly embossing folder to add a little texture to it.  
The white panel on the inside has a die cut border, made with an Impression Obsession die called, Halloween Hill. The detail on that die is amazing, and it pops out of the die easily every time. I colored the windows and pumpkin "lights" with a Copic marker.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a Happy 4th!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Robyn's Fetish Challenge #218: Stripes or Dots
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #183
613 Avenue Create #78: Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge #202: Color Me Happy

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Karen Amidon said...

She is too cute to be a spook, love her! Happy 4th!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow this is so terrific, love her coloring and the moon is so cool, great inside once again, could make a great card front too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this is so CUTE, and fabulous inside, too! Your hair coloring looks great. Hard to improve on perfection, though, as you were already great at coloring with those Copics. Love the swirly vellum moon and those cute papers. I'm with you -- Halloween cards are so fun and cute anytime!

~ginny said...

Delightful card! I absolutely love your creative moon! And your Copic coloring is super. I love the dotted background and the shadow you created for her matching her shape. Well done Cheryl! Thank you so much for sharing your project & creativity at our house!
Challenge #75 - ATG / No Twist
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Debora said...

I love Halloween cards! I think I'll have to pick up the awesome OI die cut! Fabulous card!Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Hugs!