Welcome to Day 1 of the Flourishes July Reveal Week! Yeehaw! Are you as excited as I am about seeing what Flourishes has to offer this month?! We are simply giddy about introducing our first of FOUR new stamp sets this month. Don't forget, you'll have many instances to WIN some of our new stamp sets for your very own! And this, our first new stamp set....
...are as though they are fresh clipped from the garden. These breathtaking Dahlias would be a prize on any card or creation. Illustrated by Marcella Hawley, this 4 by 6" set features two gorgeous main images plus five all occasion sentiments, perfect for all kinds of creations.
AND...here's one way to win this gorgeous new stamp set for your collection...
You need to find out who today's Mystery Blogger is! Hidden among the Design Team is one Designer who has this set to give away. Comment on that blog and you could win today's beautiful Dahlias stamp set!
Now...on to our challenge...
This week our hostess is the super talented Deborah, and her challenge is Seeing Clearly. You just need to create a project or card that incorporates acetate. It could be a card base, embellishment, layer, etc. For my project, I made a magic card. You can find the tutorial I used on the SplitcoastStampers site.
This is what the card looks like closed. I just LOVE the new Dahlia stamp set! Even uncolored, this image is beautiful.
Before making this card, I had never seen the "magic" actually work in a magic card. And, even though I made this card, and I know exactly how the magic works, it is still amazing to see. I added the two little tabs on the top and bottom on the right side of the card to keep the acetate from shifting too much over the colored image.
Ta Da! It's magic! ;) Isn't that just the coolest!!! As pretty as the Dahlia was uncolored, it's stunning with color. And, it was so easy to color with Copics, I ended up coloring three of them (so you'll see it again in later projects). I used my Copic airbursh to color the blue background.
The magic is all happening on the front of a top-fold card, so there is also a sentiment on the inside. And, the little dahlia in the vase is a portion of the second image in the Dahlia set.
Today we have both our Flourishes Finest Design Team AND our Friends of Flourishes Team sharing their "Seeing Clearly" inspirations with you! Take a moment and leave some love on all of our designers' blogs for your chance to win this gorgeous new stamp set.
- Allison Cope
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea - that's me!
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Deborah Anton
- Heather Jensen
- Jenny Gropp
- Judy Rozema
- Julie Koerber
- Katie Sims
- Makiko Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
- Margaret Gilmer, our July guest designer
You are definitely going to want this set!!! Here's how to play along for a chance to win it:
HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Here’s how you can win…
- Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge. Flourishes stamps are not required, but if you’ve got them, why not use them?
- Why not use Flourishes stamps on your creation?!? You will receive two ballots towards our weekly prize if you use our stamps! Hooray!
- Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
- Please ensure that you read the challenge specifics carefully. Please clarify in your blog post, how your creation specifically meets our challenge.
- If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FTTC228.
- One random winner will be picked from all of the entries to win the ENTIRE July release!!!
- Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Thanks for stopping by today and we look forward to seeing what you create!Have fun hopping along and good luck!
Plus these Copics: C2, RV63, YG00, BG10