Watercolor Daisy

Thursday, May 23, 2013








If you've seen many of my cards, you know they tend to have a lot going on--layers, colors, embellies, texture. More is better, as far as I'm concerned. ;) But, a CAS card can stop me in my tracks! So, every now and then, I give CAS a try. This is about as CAS as I can get. :)
The card base and oval are kraft cs, the rest are from my scrap pile. I stamped the Watercolor Daisy image with Staz-On ink, then, using daubers and Distress Ink, I loosely colored it. The dragonfly and grassy images are stamped with Distress Ink. I used a white gel pen to draw a few highlights on the daisy and dragonfly wings. I wanted an oval that was bigger than any die I have, so I cut it by hand, which didn't look so hot, so I distressed it. That's one of the reasons I love distressing so much. Besides being beautiful to look at, it can also cover up all kinds of boo-boos. ;) A little sewing, a piece of twine, a couple of buttons, a punched border, and I was done. 
On the inside, I used linen paper and tore the edges with a deckle ruler, then stamped the sentiment with Distress Ink. Well, at least the inside is CAS, right?

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of the week!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Color Throwdown #243
Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge: Favorite Ink (Distress Ink, of course!)

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Watercolor Daisy (Hampton Art); Delicate Leaf Clusters (Hero Arts); Little Things (Our Daily Bread)
Ink: Distress Ink; Staz-On, white gel pen
Accessories: Scallop Diamond Edge Punch (EK Success); twine (The Twinery); buttons; Stickles; sewing thread; deckle ruler
Size: A6 (4.5" x 6.25")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Sue Lelli said...

Oh my Goodness! LOVE this watercolor daisy! And your colors are so Pretty!

Sandra said...

Really wonderful card, love all the distressing. And that little dragonfly is so cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Leslie Miller said...

Truly, a good part of the fun of stamping is designing the card. Sometimes I don't have time to get too busy with a card, so I've been practicing CAS, rather than not get to stamp at all. It's a good compromise. Your card is just right! I love the combo of blue and mustard tones. The relaxed image is beautifully watercolored, and the distressing looks great. I also use distressing to fix uneven layers sometimes.

Denise Marzec said...

Soooooo beautiful! I love the loose coloring with the white highlights. Love that denim polka dot paper, too. Thanks for joining us at the CTD. :)