John 11:25

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hi Friends! I almost let Easter pass by without making a single Easter card! I still have cards left from last year, so it wasn't absolutely necessary, but I did manage to get one made just in time.

The color palette for this card came from the Play Date Cafe Challenge #175. I stamped the Flourishes image in gray ink, then colored with Copics, using Distress Ink to sponge inside the die. I used the out-of-the-box technique so I wouldn't have to cut any of the image off. Because I made the card base 5" square, I didn't have a circle die large enough to fit behind the image die cut, so layered two purple, oval die cuts, and cut the yellow die cut into four parts so I could spread them out.

I followed the sketch fairly closely, adding a sentiment panel, and I used pearls in one corner instead of photo corners. For the sentiment panel, I sponged Milled Lavender Distress Ink inside the die cut, stamped the Bible verse in dark purple, then edged the die cut with a gold calligraphy pen.

I cut decorative corners on the two layers inside the card. For the yellow layer, I sponged Scattered Straw Distress Ink around the edges, then stamped the image from the front of the card on the left, letting it fall off the side of the card, and I also stamped the single Easter Lily in the lower right corner.

And, that'll do it for me today. Thanks for stopping by, and have a Happy Easter!

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Seems a Little Sketchy #35 (SALS #35)
Play Date Cafe #175 (PDC175)
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge: Quotable

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: He is Risen (Flourishes)
Ink: Copics; Memento; Distress Ink; Gold Calligraphy Pen
Dies: Exquisite Circles, Classic Squares Sm, Labels 18, Floral Ovals (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Morocco Lace Edge Punch (EK Success); Decorative Tile Set embossing folder (Cuttlebug); ribbon; Deco Corner Chomper; pearls
Size: 5" sq.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

10 comments :

Anne Jagger said...

Very pretty card

Maria said...

Wow! This is one of the most gorgeous Easter cards I've laid eyes on! The embossed background is so lovely! The cross and flowers are so pretty along with the perfect sentiment! Great job as always with the distressing! Hope you and family are having a wonderful blessed Easter, hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my Gorgeous coloring and I just love how you arranged the dies to make your layering, lovely results!Beautiful inside too!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! And, I LOVE your chosen scripture :) Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! – Ashli

Sue Lelli said...

This card is just PERFECT for Easter and oh so BEAUTIFUL! Your coloring is Fantastic! Who needs Copic classes??!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this image! I used it last year, but this year I only made one Easter card and that was for a baby. You've done an absolutely beautiful job with it! The colors and design are just wonderful!

Jingle said...

This is just stunning! Absolutely GORGEOUS card! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl!! Pretty die cuts and embossing! Love the shading on the verse!!

Katie Sims said...

So glad I got to meet you today at the class! Your card is goregous! :)

Rachel said...

gorgeous image and coloring! this is such a pretty easter card. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com