Vintage Thank You

Saturday, February 23, 2013

This card is for the L.O.V.E. Challenge (the "A" challenge) in the Love Fest Member Company Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. For this challenge, you have to incorporate items into your card that begin with the letters, L, O, V, and E. I started my card with the sketch from Viva la Verve February 2013 Week 2, then used these "L.O.V.E." elements:

L = Lace, Lattice punch
O = Oval, Orange
V = Vintage, Velvet
E = Embossing, Eyelets
When I first looked at this challenge, I thought it would be difficult, then I ended up with two elements for each letter. Go figure! :)

Being a vintage card, I did a lot of distressing. I used a Distrezz-it-All on the edges of the dp, as well as the embossed center panel, and sponged Distress Ink along the edges, also. For that center panel, I was going for a leathery look, which I initially achieved, but sometimes I like to pull out different things and give them a try to see what I can come up with, and this panel ended up looking like old metal instead, which I loved! To get the look, I first used an embossing folder on kraft cs, then inked the entire panel with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I did it a second time, but that time I also sprinkled a little orange embossing powder in a few spots, then heated it. I added a few swipes from a purple acrylic paint dauber, dried it with a heat gun, then used a white acrylic paint dauber. It has so much product applied to it, when you rub your finger over it, it actually feels like rusty metal!

The sentiment was stamped with Memento ink on white cs and sponged over with Milled Lavender Distress Ink. I colored around the oval with a lavender Copic, then used Copper, Lavender, and Diamond Stickles to give it some sparkle.

The swirl on the right side of the card is a flourish die cut from a thin sheet of cork that I sponged with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink.
Inside, I used a Deco Corner Chomper on the corners of the brown dp, sponged inside the die cut panel with Distress Ink, then using the negative from the cork die cut as a stencil, I stenciled the swirl with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.

There are going to be 11 member company challenges in all, in the Love Fest Challenge at SCS, and I'm getting a late start (this is just my second card), but I'm going to give it my best shot. If you're up for a "challenging" challenge, check it out. Each of the member companies has a different type of challenge, and they all look like fun.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve February 2013 Week 2 (VLVFEB2013)
Splitcoaststampers Love Fest Challenge: LOVEFEST2013A (L.O.V.E. challenge--see above for the elements I used.)
Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge: Metal-ology

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Sweet Treats (Verve)
Paper: Timeless Type Stack (DCWV); kraft
Ink: Versamark; Distress Ink; Memento; Copic marker
Dies: Elegant Flourishes (Sizzix); Labels 18 (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Arch Lattice Edge Punch (Martha Stewart); Tropical Paisley embossing folder (Sizzix); Clear embossing powder, Orange embossing powder (Zing); lace; velvet ribbon; cork; Deco Corner Chomper; acrylic paint; eyelets; Stickles; Sewing Thread; Foam Dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

This is so very pretty! Love the distressed details and lace trim. :)

Hugs~

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just exquisite. A beautiful card!

Maria said...

So pretty! Love the distressed look with gorgeous detail! Sweet trim and lovely label! Hope you're having a great weekend, hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, I just love what you have done with the embossing piece it looks just like metal and I like it combined with the lace!

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS! Great combinations of colours and texture! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)